Sunday, March 10, 2019

045-48 The Gary Con 2018 Recordings

045 Gary Con XI Day 1
I talk with Angus of Kirby's Kids about our upcoming day and drop con guest names. Then I joust with Cody M of No Save for You. The day ends with a tired ramble about the day's games.

046 Gary Con XI Day 2
Angus recaps his day, we talk about B/X Essentials, sourcing the table, play culture at Gary Con, and I debrief on my two events (Goblintown and Dungeon World).

047 Gary Con XI Day 3
Angus and I talk Bob Meyer's Blackmoor game and the experience of "Arneson's D&D," Traveller character generation seminar with Marc Miller and his Traveller novels, Steve Jackson's vintage Kickstarters, Elric the AH board game, and the day ahead. Later I cast with Cody M of No Save for You and Larry Hamilton of Follow Me and Die! Then I recap my day gaming with Brett of Gaming and BS and playing at Gary Gygax's house.

048 Gary Con XI Day 4
Angus and I wrap up the week, even though we then hung around for another 4+ hours talking to people, buying stuff, and generally basking in the gamer glow. Topics include world building at TSR, Zeb Cook, Planescape, writing for yourself vs. for the mob, making jump from TTRPGs to computer games, Interplanar Melee, and gaming at Gary Gygax's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment